Bakersfield Adventist Academy Preschool
Owens Family Early Learning Center
Welcome to this special place we prayerfully provide for children ages 2-5. The preschool is a happy, nurturing, Christian atmosphere that advances your child's unlimited potential for positive learning, growth, and social interaction. We extend our friendship to you and hope you will feel free to participate in the preschool activities at any time. The door is always open and your input is appreciated.
Our preschool is owned by Bakersfield Adventist Academy, is licensed by the State of California, and is routinely inspected. License #153810033
Our mission is to prepare the young for future education and for eternity.
An Early Childhood Education Center has its foundation in the biblical imperative for purposeful training of the young child. As Christian educators, we are admonished to teach the words of the Bible "diligently unto the children", (Deut. 6:7) and to "train up a child in the way he should go."(Prov. 22:6)
Early education and care of young children is the beginning of a continual growth process. "Too much importance cannot be placed upon the early training of children. The lessons learned; the habits formed, during the years of infancy and childhood, have more to do with the formation of the character and the direction of the life than have all the instruction and training of after years." Ministry of Healing, p. 380
Adventist Early Childhood Education programs seek to nurture the minds of young children, strengthening their ability to be thinkers rather than mere reflectors of the thoughts of others (Education, p. 17), to provide loving service rather than seeking selfish ambition, to maximize the development of their potential, and to appreciate all that is beautiful, true, and good.
In partnership with the home and church, it is essential that a balanced Early Childhood Education and Care program be established to meet the needs of a child's spiritual, physical, intellectual, social, and emotional development. This focus has the full intention of affirming the value of each child and family, bringing them closer to Christ.
Bakersfield Adventist Academy Preschool promotes an environment that focuses on the development of the whole child by:
- Creating an awareness of and love for God and a respect for creation.
- Creating an awareness of individuality and personal self-identity, and encouraging positive self-esteem.
- Encouraging an enthusiasm for exploration, learning, and creativity.
- Encouraging self-control and self-discipline.
- Providing freedom of choice and decision-making within reasonable limits, and encouraging problem solving.
- Providing developmentally-appropriate activities that will introduce children to language, literacy, math, science, large and small motor skills, and to the culture and community in the world in which they live both locally and globally.
- Encouraging good health habits and manners.
BAA Preschool 3333 Bernard Street, Bakersfield, CA 93306 661.546.4464 FAX 661.871.1594
Awesome school. My daughter loves it and so do I!
Structured curriculum and awesome staff!